Making a Booking
To make a booking, please get in touch with us as soon as possible, even if you are not entirely sure of your numbers or how you would like your hair and make-up. We receive enquires daily and will often be booking a year in advance, so it is best to secure your date as soon as you can to avoid disappointment. Once availability has been confirmed a booking form will be emailed to you, this is then returned with a non refundable deposit equivalent to the cost of your trial. Please note your wedding date will not be secure until your booking form and non refundable deposit has been received. Once returned we will send a confirmation of receipt and confirm a trial date.
Pre Wedding Trial
A pre wedding trial is vital to planning your hair and make-up for your wedding day. It gives you the opportunity to share your ideas, be given expert advice and piece together all the elements from your hair accessories to your lipstick. A hair and make-up trial can last up to 2.5 hours and one hour for each additional person requiring a trial. Your trial will usually take place 2-3 months prior to the wedding day and your artist will travel to you and your preferred location, please note an additional travel charge will be applied for long distance areas.
Preparing for your Trial
When preparing for your trial it is advised to do a little research. Looking at lots of hair and make-up images will give you a better idea of your likes and dislikes. This will also help us create a more personal bridal style tailored to you. Bringing visuals with you to your trial will also help better communicate your ideas. The most frequent question we get asked? Do I wash my hair the night before my trial or on the day? This is personal preference, most clients are happy washing their hair the night before however there are those who would prefer to wash their hair on a daily basis. We want you to not only look great but feel great too, so in this instance please choose what makes you feel most comfortable.
By the time you reach your trial you may already have your hair accessories, please feel free to bring these along to trial in the hair. If however you do not have these yet or you would like to wait for further guidance this is also perfectly fine and will not affect the outcome of your trial. It is also perfectly ok for you to wear make-up to your trial. This can give your artist a better idea of how you would normally wear it and if you don't wear make-up on a daily basis coming fresh faced is also good.
A morning schedule will be created for you to make sure everything runs smoothly, notes will also be made and pictures taken. Organisation is key to making sure your morning is stress free and enjoyable!
The Wedding Day
When the wedding day finally arrives your artist will arrive at the time and place previously agreed at your trial, working from the notes and pictures taken. This is a day of celebration and a day to make cherished memories. CLJ Make-up understands the importance of this, so we want you to feel as though you are getting ready with a friend and put you at ease. Your artist will be on hand for last minute tweaks and touch ups and won't depart until you are ready and waiting to say "I do".
Booking Terms and Conditions
- A booking deposit equivalent to the cost of your trial is taken at the time of booking. Please note that this is a non refundable deposit.
- Your wedding date is not secure until a deposit has been received and will therefore be available for other bookings. The received deposit will be deducted from the agreed total wedding day balance.
- The Congestion charge and parking fees (where applicable) will be added to the total balance.
- A travel charge from £20 will be added to long distance bookings.
- Final payments are payable 4 weeks prior to your wedding date.
- In the unlikely event that your artist is unable to attend your wedding date, an alternative qualified artist will be found.
- If cancelled in writing up to 8 weeks before the wedding date. – Deposit only is payable.
- If cancelled between 6-2 weeks before wedding date 50% of agreed total is payable on the agreed date.
- If cancelled 2 weeks before wedding date or less - Full payment is due on the agreed date.
- Changes made 2 weeks or less before the wedding date making a deduction to the agreed total - Full payment of the cancelled service will still be due on the agreed date.
Please note the cancellation policy does not apply if the services received at the trial are dissatisfactory.